Search This Blog

Mar 4, 2010

MAC Liberty of London Collection

So it's not too often where I get super excited about MAC collections
For example, when Hello Kitty came out, the whole world seemed to be going CRAZY
My reaction: Meh...

But I'm actually pretty psyched for this one :)
I think it's mainly the packaging that I love.
It's got the birds and everything :)
It's based off of WIlliam Morris' "Strawberry Thief" print form the 1800's. MAC wanted to put a spin on it, so an artist named Liberty revamped the original print while MAC did all the rest.
This is nice, because a lot of MAC's packaging for their specialty collections looks...dare I say... trashy?
Anyways...here are some amazing sneak peek photos/swatches from temptalia. To see the whole review, go to
www.temptalia.com and browse through the list of new MAC collections :)
Normally I would review them myself, but the collection hasn't been release yet.
It will be available March 11th, 2010

Nail Polish:

"Blue India" polish is a dark grey-blue color. As you can see, the packaging is adorable. This is only the second time MAC has ever put images on their polishes. The box is cute, too! Nail Laquers are $12.00 each.



The other is simply a white cream called "Vestral White" Not to interesting, but may be necessary if you don't already own a white polish.


Beauty Powders:

Amazingggggg Packaging!


"Summer Rose" Beauty Powder. This looks like it would work beautifully for us fairer skin tones, as well as medium tones. It's such a clean, cute pink that would leave a fresh wash of color.


"Shell Pearl" is a peachy-golden-coral with some shimmer. It seems like a beautiful highlighter. It seems like a lighter, highliher-version of NARS Orgasm blush. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm just judging by the picture.

Eyeshadows:


Bough Grey, Dame's Desire, Birds and Berries, Free to Be
Dame's Desire looks like violet pigment in eyeshadow form, and Birds and Berries looks like Deep Blue Green pigment in eyeshadow form.

Lipglass:


"English Accents" and "Frankly Fresh"
I'm surprised there are only two shades in this collection, but I guess that's a good thing, it cuts down on our spending. LOL.
If you are going to get one as a collector's iteam, I would chose English Accents. It's a beautiful pink!

Blush:


"Dirty Plum" is a pretty dramatic-looking dark purple with very stuble shimmer. It looks pretty, but a little to intense for my taste.


"Prim and Proper" Is a natural beige shade with champagne sheen.

Lipstick:


"Blooming Lovely", "Ever Hip", and "Petals and Peacocks". Blooming Lovely looks like a pretty lilac shade (my favorite kinds of colors", Ever Hip comes out as more of a nude, and Petals and Peacocks is an awesome bright pink.

So overall, I think I want English Accents lipglass, Petals and Peacocks lipstick, Blooming lovely lipstick, Summer Rose beauty powder, and Birds and berries eyeshadow. I'll probably get less, thoguh, since I'm broke, LOL.
Anyways, let me know what you like!

Peace.